When it comes to buying patio furniture you want to select a fabric that is durable, fade-resistant and easy to maintain. Investing in a hard wearing outdoor fabric is essential to the looks and longevity of your patio set. In the outdoor fabric arena, there is one clear leader and that is Sunbrella. Its fade resistance is unparalleled, but that is just one of this fabrics qualities.
- Fade resistant fabric which prevents 98% of UV rays from penetrating the fibers. This is particularly relevant with shade applications like umbrellas, awnings and daybed canopies when you want to protect yourself from the sun's harmful rays.
- It is water repellent, so if it rains moisture will bead and run off.
- Easy to maintain. Many stains can be removed from Sunbrella fabric with mild soap and lukewarm water. First blot the excess stain residue. Then apply soap and lukewarm water and remove the stain with a sponge or soft bristle brush. Rinse thoroughly and air-dry.
- It is mold and mildew resistant and is perfect for use in areas where there is a swimming pool or spa.
- Mildew primarily grows on dirt, so routine cleanings will prevent mildew from forming.
- You can clean it with bleach! If the stain is still visible, blot excess stain residue. Mix 1 cup of bleach and ¼ cup of mild soap per gallon of lukewarm water and remove the stain with a sponge or soft bristle brush. Rinse thoroughly and air-dry.
- You can leave it outside all winter with no adverse effects although storing the cushions inside or under a patio furniture cover means there will be less cleaning involved come spring time.
- There are hundreds of fabrics available, from solid colors, to stripes and patterns so you are bound to find a fabric that fits in with your design motif.